Catering Coordinators oversee food and catering services in the hospitality industry. They manage professional catering staff and ensure that events run smoothly. Successful candidates have a personable demeanor, a passion for customer service and excellent organizational skills. Avoid candidates who lack good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Catering Coordinators
1. Describe a time when you had to coordinate catering for a function. How did you go about it?
Reveals more about work style.
2. Describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
Tests customer service skills.
3. How do you balance your workload in the lead-up to and during an event?
Tests organizational and time management skills.
4. How do you foster a good working relationship with your staff?
Tests interpersonal skills.
5. Describe a time when you experienced a setback or delay before or during an event. How did you fix the problem?
Tests resilience and problem-solving skills.