Casting directors select suitable actors for roles in film, television, radio, theater, advertisements, and music productions. They analyze scripts, schedule auditions, and manage actors' contracts. They may be employed by studios or casting agencies, or work as contractors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Casting Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a resourceful casting director to find talented actors for our productions. You will be collaborating with directors and scriptwriters, conducting auditions, and negotiating actors' contracts.
To ensure success as a casting director, you should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of acting techniques and experience in a similar creative environment. A top-class casting director will be someone whose expertise results in convincing character portrayals and seamless talent administration.
Casting Director Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with producers, directors, and writers to determine the scope of productions.
- Analyzing scripts and role characteristics.
- Distributing information on available parts to talent agencies.
- Contacting short-listed leading actors or their agents to verify availability.
- Scheduling and conducting auditions.
- Presenting a list of possible leading actors to producers and directors.
- Issuing casting calls for minor acting parts and conducting auditions.
- Negotiating and finalizing cost-effective contracts with agents or actors.
- Liaising between directors and the actors on contractual matters, as well as managing casting budgets.
- Finding replacements for actors when necessary.
Casting Director Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree program in acting, production, or a related field preferred.
- At least two years' experience as a casting director, or a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of script analysis, acting techniques, and industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of artistic production environments.
- Proficiency in office software, such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Exceptional ability to identify and source talented actors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources