Casting Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a resourceful casting director to find talented actors for our productions. You will be collaborating with directors and scriptwriters, conducting auditions, and negotiating actors' contracts.
To ensure success as a casting director, you should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of acting techniques and experience in a similar creative environment. A top-class casting director will be someone whose expertise results in convincing character portrayals and seamless talent administration.
Casting Director Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with producers, directors, and writers to determine the scope of productions.
- Analyzing scripts and role characteristics.
- Distributing information on available parts to talent agencies.
- Contacting short-listed leading actors or their agents to verify availability.
- Scheduling and conducting auditions.
- Presenting a list of possible leading actors to producers and directors.
- Issuing casting calls for minor acting parts and conducting auditions.
- Negotiating and finalizing cost-effective contracts with agents or actors.
- Liaising between directors and the actors on contractual matters, as well as managing casting budgets.
- Finding replacements for actors when necessary.
Casting Director Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree program in acting, production or a related field preferred.
- At least 2 years experience as a casting director, or a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of script analysis, acting techniques, and industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of artistic production environments.
- Proficiency in office software, such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Exceptional ability to identify and source talented actors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.