Assistant Film Director Job Description Template
We are searching for a synchronized assistant film director to devise and promote unfaltering adherence to all shooting schedules. The assistant film director should uncover applicable deadlines and potential hindrances, coordinate the appearance and positioning of cast members, and cue the relevant film crew once shots can commence. You should also resolve conflict and safety-related concerns.
To ensure success as an assistant film director, you should possess top-notch coordination abilities. Ultimately, a remarkable assistant film director should be able to steer filming activities effectively, even after setbacks.
Assistant Film Director Responsibilities:
- Crafting shooting schedules that incorporate provisions for unpredictable setbacks.
- Reporting notable deviations from authoritative schedules to the pertinent stakeholders.
- Formulating storyboards that depict salient occasions in each script.
- Ensuring that all applicable filming crew and cast members arrive when needed.
- Positioning, instructing, and supporting extras on the set.
- Cueing the filming crew ahead of each take.
- Settling minor discipline-related concerns on the set.
- Bolstering and promoting the observance of existing safety protocols.
Assistant Film Director Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a recognized Film Studies or similar course is ideal.
- Pertinent filming experience, preferably as an Assistant Film Director.
- Knowledgeable about prevailing scheduling solutions.
- Expertly-honed coordination techniques.
- Steadfast attention to subtleties.
- Commendable communication techniques.
- Achievement-oriented, solution-focused, and systematic.