Interview Questions for Casting Directors:
1. Which factors do you consider to determine actor suitability?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of scripts and character analysis, and their ability to collaborate with directors and writers.
2. Can you tell me about your approach to land leading actors?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to convince leading actors to consider and accept acting roles.
3. What would alert you to auditioning actors lacking experience?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of acting techniques, as well as their ability to select talented and professional actors.
4. Which methods do you employ to source talent for auditions?
Assesses the candidate's experience in utilizing available professional channels and networks to create awareness of upcoming acting roles.
5. In your experience, what is important to add to a casting contract?
Reveals the candidate's industry experience and knowledge of contractual loopholes that might be exploited.