Care Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an empathetic care manager to create individualized care plans for patients. The care manager will ensure all healthcare providers involved are up to date with case information and collaborate with patients' families, friends, and caretakers to effectively share information. The care manager will continually develop a network of quality providers and keep accurate patient records. You will link patients to community programs and entitlements, such as housing services and self-management programs.
To ensure success you will guide patients through the healthcare system and cultivate relationships with healthcare providers. Top candidates have the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment and have excellent negotiation skills.
Care Manager Responsibilities:
- Creating and updating personalized care plans for patients.
- Collaborating with patients' families, friends, and social supports in developing treatment plans.
- Identifying and recruiting high-quality healthcare providers.
- Interacting with healthcare providers to facilitate patients' treatments.
- Ensuring patients’ treatment requirements are met.
- Suggesting alternative treatment plans when patients' services requests do not meet medical necessity criteria.
- Instructing and educating patients on procedures, healthcare provider instructions, and referrals.
- Linking patients to social services programs and entitlements such as transportation assistance and translation services.
- Conducting regular follow-ups with patients to evaluate progress, promote continuity of care, and ensure improved health outcomes.
- Maintaining records of case management activities.
Care Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, social work, nursing, or a related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in public health or related field.
- 1+ years of current case management experience.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Certified case manager (CCM) license preferred.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to travel locally.