Interview Questions for Care Managers:
1. Are you a good listener, and why would you say so?
The candidate needs to display the ability to be a good listener, as care managers spend a lot of time listening to patients, healthcare providers, and other interested parties.
2. Could you give me examples from past experience where you sourced providers for patients with specialized needs, such as those with Alzheimer's disease?
The answer to this question will give you insight into the potential hire's ability to assist with patients' needs, as well as their network of healthcare providers.
3. How do you balance the needs of the patient with those of their friends and families?
The answer to this question will demonstrate the candidate's ability to address cases holistically.
4. How do you stay up to date with new developments in your field?
A care manager has to constantly expand its network of healthcare providers and new services. The potential hire has to demonstrate practical steps they would take to accomplish this.
5. What would your definition of a successful care manager be?
The potential hire will list skills they focus on as a care manager.