Calibration Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a detail-orientated calibration technician to join our technical staff. In this role, you will be traveling to clients where you will carry out inspections, calibrations, and repairs on highly specialized equipment. You will also be responsible for identifying faulty equipment and suggesting upgrades when necessary.
To be successful as a calibration technician, you should have a good eye for detail, excellent hand-eye coordination, and above-average troubleshooting skills. Ultimately a top-class calibration technician will work quickly and methodically to ensure equipment is safe for operation and calibrated to the industry standards.
Calibration Technician Responsibilities:
- Traveling to clients for equipment inspections.
- Performing routine equipment maintenance.
- Calibrating equipment to industry standards.
- Troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Conducting equipment repairs.
- Responding to client queries.
- Suggesting equipment upgrades.
- Maintaining calibration equipment and supplies.
- Completing job cards and equipment reports.
Calibration Technician Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Relevant industry certification.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a calibration technician.
- Extensive experience with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for extended periods.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Competency with calibration software.