Maintenance Engineers install, service, and repair industrial equipment for clients in a variety of industries including medical, manufacturing, and aviation. They are responsible for installing new equipment, conducting on site repairs, and performing routine services.
When interviewing Maintenance Engineers, the ideal candidate should have excellent troubleshooting skills, extensive knowledge of mechanical systems, and high-level communication skills. Be wary of candidates with poor time management skills and those who are not comfortable with staff training.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Maintenance Engineers:
1. What methods would you use to diagnose a major equipment malfunction?
Reveals the candidate’s troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
2. How would you ensure that all safety procedures are followed on a job site?
Indicates knowledge of safety and engineering best practices.
3. What skills do you think are the most important for a Maintenance Engineer?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals the innate skills of the candidate.
4. What would you do if you could not find the cause of the equipment malfunction?
Reveals how the candidate deals with stressful situations.
5. What was the most complex equipment repair job you completed in the past?
Highlights the skills and knowledge of the candidate while revealing previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources