Maintenance Engineers are responsible for the installation and maintenance of industrial equipment such as those used in the aviation, medical, and manufacturing industry. Maintenance Engineers perform routine equipment maintenance, troubleshoot issues, and make on site repairs when needed.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Maintenance Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Maintenance Engineer to install and maintain industrial equipment for our clients. As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to install new equipment, conduct routine maintenance, and troubleshoot equipment faults on site. You may also be required to remove old equipment and train staff on equipment operating procedures.
To ensure success as a Maintenance Engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of industrial equipment, the ability to work well under pressure, and demonstrate high-level problem-solving skills. An outstanding Maintenance Engineer should be able to service, troubleshoot, and repair equipment without causing extended equipment downtime.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Traveling to client locations for equipment inspection.
- Inspecting equipment and conducting routine maintenance.
- Servicing and replacing old or faulty equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions.
- Removing old equipment and installing new machines.
- Proving technical support and training on new equipment.
- Responding to customer call outs.
- Adhering to all safety and performance regulations.
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven work experience as a Maintenance Engineer.
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and heating systems.
- Ability to read system schematics.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures.
- Good communication and training skills.
- Ability to work with heavy equipment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources