Calibration technicians inspect, service, repair, and calibrate equipment and instrumentation. They travel to clients' locations and conduct routine maintenance on equipment or suggest upgrades when equipment cannot be calibrated to industry standards.
When interviewing calibration technicians, look for candidates who are analytical, methodical, and have an excellent eye for detail. Avoid candidates who are not comfortable with extensive travel and those who cannot stay self-motivated.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Calibration Technicians:
1. What skills do you think calibration technicians need to be successful?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the role and its requirements.
2. Have you ever not been able to calibrate a piece of equipment. What happened?
Demonstrates the candidate's troubleshooting skills.
3. How do you decide when equipment should be repaired, and when it should be replaced?
Tests the candidate's mechanical/electrical knowledge and understanding of calibration techniques.
4. What was the most difficult calibration or repair job you completed?
Showcases the candidate's skills and work experience.
5. A client is angry that your service is taking too long. How do you respond?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources