CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Operators draft plans, technical drawings, and blueprints for different industries. They work with engineers, architects, and clients to ensure designs are completed to specifications and safety regulations. CAD Operators sometimes use manual drawing skills and may be required to visit sites.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
CAD Operator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a CAD Operator to draft detailed drawings for our organization. The CAD Operator's responsibilities include understanding written and verbal instructions, drafting technical drawings and blueprints, implementing feedback from engineers and architects, visitings sites, keeping up-to-date with CAD software, and working long hours to meet deadlines. You should be able to explain technical aspects clearly to both the team and the client.
To be successful as a CAD Operator, you should be able to understand complex calculations and have sound knowledge of building and safety regulations. Outstanding CAD Operators are disciplined, open to collaboration, and also possess manual drawing skills.
CAD Operator Responsibilities:
- Interpreting project briefs and meeting with clients, engineers, and architects to ensure all blueprints and technical drawings are completed to specifications.
- Producing rough sketches and using CAD software to prepare detailed drawings, plans, and blueprints.
- Visiting sites to gather information, and determine limitations and feasibility of designs.
- Updating software, drawings, and other documents.
- Remaining professional when feedback is delivered, and implementing any changes to drafts as soon as possible.
- Ensuring drawings are compliant with building regulations and engineering principles.
- Communicating potential design issues to engineers and architects.
- Conducting research when required.
CAD Operator Requirements:
- Associate's Degree in Drafting or similar.
- Additional courses in CAD software.
- Practical experience with CAD software.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction.
- A completed apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Superb work ethic and ability to accept feedback.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources