AutoCAD Drafters specialize in creating Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models using Autodesk’s AutoCAD software. These highly-trained draftsmen work with architects and engineers to design and create 2D and 3D computer models of buildings and machine parts from blueprints or from scratch.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
AutoCAD Drafter Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled AutoCAD Drafter to generate Solid and Surface CAD models for our clients using AutoCAD software. In this role, you will be required to meet with architects and engineers to discuss design concepts for CAD models, develop product designs, and generate Surface or Solid software models.
To ensure success as an AutoCAD Drafter, you should have extensive experience working with AutoCAD software, advanced design skills, and a keen eye for detail. Ultimately, a top-class AutoCAD Drafter can design and create high-level design models that meet all the specifications of the client.
AutoCAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Meeting with architects, designers, and engineers to discuss design ideas.
- Developing product designs from scratch.
- Presenting rough design drafts for client approval.
- Ensuring product designs meet required safety and structural standards.
- Generating Solid and Surface CAD models using AutoCAD software.
- Blending technique and aesthetics to create final designs.
- Presenting various design perspectives for construction improvements and adaptations.
- Finalizing AutoCAD models.
- Presenting models to clients.
- Completing job reports.
AutoCAD Drafter Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Architectural Studies.
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD Drafter.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Advanced knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, and Architecture.
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations.
- Excellent technical design skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Ability to project manage.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources