Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Technicians are software operators that create 2D and 3D computer design models from building blueprints and technical drawings. Their job is to meet with designers, engineers, and architects to translate basic drawings into electronic models using CAD software.
When interviewing CAD Technicians, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with CAD software, a keen eye for detail, and high-level time management skills. Be wary of candidates who struggle to work as part of a team and those with poor communication skills.
Interview Questions for CAD Technicians:
1. What skills do you think CAD Technicians need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s nature and inherent skills.
2. What techniques do you use to ensure a project is completed on time and to desired specifications?
Highlights the candidate’s time management skills.
3. Why do you think Computer Aided Design is an important tool for architects?
Shows a deeper understanding of CAD software functions.
4. What would you do if the client changed the design specifications towards the end of the project?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills and ability to deal with stressful situations.
5. What was the most complex CAD design you completed for a client?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources