A Draftsman draws plans for buildings and machines. They work in different fields and collaborate with architects, engineers, and scientists. The ability to draw manually is favorable, but most Draftsmen should be able to use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software.
When interviewing Draftsmen, the best candidates will display active listening skills and be able to follow instructions. Be wary of candidates who lack focus and interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Draftsmen:
1. What is the most difficult situation you've faced as a Draftsman?
Reveals problem-solving abilities.
2. How do you go about acquiring knowledge of the discipline you draft for?
Tests research skills and willingness to learn new things.
3. What strategies do you use for identifying design problems?
Tests proactiveness and commitment to quality.
4. Describe a time when you disagreed with an engineer. How was this resolved?
Tests interpersonal skills and conflict resolution.
5. How will you make sure you stay up-to-date with CADD software?
Demonstrates desire for self-improvement and dedication to excellence.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources