Architects plan, develop and implement building designs. They compile feasibility reports, determine environmental impact, create project proposals, estimate costs, determine timelines and oversee construction processes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Architect Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative and inspired Architect to handle projects from the initial client briefing through to the final stages of construction. The Architect's responsibilities include managing client relationships, developing and presenting design proposals, preparing drawings, specifications, budgets, construction documents and managing project teams. You should be able to take ownership of your project, be it the design and construction of a new building, an extension, alterations or a restoration project, and deliver on the client's requirements.
To be successful in this position you should be able to visualize space in three dimensions, have a good understanding of construction technologies and be an effective project manager. An outstanding Architect will have strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate superior technical design skills and be able to create designs that are functional, creative and sustainable.
- Meeting with clients and determining their needs and requirements.
- Managing design projects from concept development through to completion.
- Developing and presenting project proposals.
- Adjusting designs and plans to meet the client's needs.
- Preparing drawings, blueprints, specifications and construction documents.
- Conducting research and compiling reports on feasibility and environmental impact.
- Complying with safety standards and local planning regulations.
- Determining and adhering to budgets and timelines.
- Managing project teams and collaborating with other construction professionals.
- Degree in Architecture or a related field.
- Previous experience as an Architect preferred.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and software programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Newforma, etc.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulatory standards.
- Strong creative and visualization skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources