Engineers analyze and solve structural, mechanical and systemic problems in safe, cost-effective and practical ways by applying fundamental scientific and mathematical principles.
When interviewing engineers the most suitable candidate will display a deep curiosity for the profession, a compelling enthusiasm and optimism when faced with challenges, an above average aptitude for critical thinking, and an unwavering commitment to learning. Be wary of candidates with low energy, aversions to working in teams, and minimal technical knowledge.
Engineer Interview Questions
1. In your experience, what do engineers spend most of their time doing?
Tests insight and knowledge.
2. Which was the most challenging of your more recent engineering projects?
Reveals experience and problem-solving skills.
3. How do you check your own work for mistakes?
Shows dedication and experience.
4. What do you do to stay current with today's engineering trends?
Tests curiosity and commitment to quality work.
5. What would you say is the key to excellent teamwork?
Reveals interpersonal communication skills and leadership qualities.