Environmental Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for creative problem solvers with an affinity for environmental conservation for the role of environmental engineer. Environmental Engineers are responsible for designing technology to assist in environmental conservation, evaluating land to determine the impact of commercial activity, and advising policymakers on environmental best practices, among other duties.
The best environmental Engineers find creative design solutions to pressing environmental problems, requiring a good deal of creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
Environmental Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing technology for pollution control and waste management.
- Collecting and analyzing environmental data.
- Carrying out site assessments to determine the environmental impact of commercial activity.
- Studying human influences on the environment.
- Improving environmental conservation management, including recycling, public health, and water and air pollution.
- Identifying critical research areas such as renewable energy, climate change, and food and water security.
- Undertaking environmental protection projects such as designing air pollution management systems.
- Ensuring design projects comply with environmental and health regulations.
- Writing reports on their environmental investigative efforts.
- Consulting and advising policymakers on environmental best practices.
Environmental Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in environmental, civil, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Master's degree preferred.
- PE (Professional Engineering) license.
- Comfortable working outdoors.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication and proficiency with technical reports.
- Good interpersonal skills.