Chemical Engineers use science and mathematics to improve chemical processing methods and equipment. Successful candidates will be analytical, knowledgeable, and communicative. Avoid candidates who seem disorganized or lack interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Chemical Engineers
1. Which of your projects are you most proud of?
Provides insight into candidate’s experience.
2. How do you explain highly technical or scientific processes to others who lack your technical background?
Demonstrates communication skills.
3. Tell about a time when you improved a process. What impact did your suggestion have?
Shows initiative and creativity.
4. What skills or experience do you have that would make you a valuable addition to our team?
Reveals candidate’s expectations and shows preparedness.
5. Describe your project management experience.
Shows candidate’s ability to multitask and handle big projects.