Chemical Operators assist other members of the production team by cleaning, preparing, repairing, and monitoring the heavy machines used to mix and process chemicals. They mix and handle chemicals, record information and observations relating to the mixing process, troubleshoot issues with equipment, and assist in process improvement initiatives and the work plan development process.
Chemical Operator Job Description Template
We are searching for a Chemical Operator who possess a solid understanding of chemical processes and mechanics. The Chemical Operator can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighing, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during the chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products. They will also be expected to comply with all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations and report any concerns, violations, or accidents.
To be successful as a Chemical Operator, you should be professional with a strong understanding of mechanical and chemical processes. The ideal candidate will be attentive, knowledgeable, and have a desire to work with other production team members to develop the best processes and products.
Chemical Operator Responsibilities:
- Storing, retrieving, mixing, and monitoring chemicals used in the production process.
- Recording information, such as ingredients, weights, and temperature, and inputting into database.
- Troubleshooting issues with production equipment and processes.
- Observing all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations.
- Reporting accidents, safety violations, or other concerns.
- Assisting in planning and improving processes and product quality.
- Working with other team members to complete the production process.
- Meeting physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing safety gear.
Chemical Operator Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience in a related field may be required.
- Experience working with forklifts may be preferred or required
- Understanding of chemical process.
- Aptitude for mechanics.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear when necessary.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.