Chemical Engineers use their knowledge of science and mathematics to improve processes and equipment used in processing chemicals and find solutions to the problems many industries face. They analyze processes and data, perform research and tests, and develop plans to optimize plant operations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Chemical Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, cooperative Chemical Engineer with a wealth of technical and industry knowledge and a talent for process optimization. The Chemical Engineer will work in the office and on location to implement, analyze, and improve processes, equipment, and plants. You will also work with other engineers and team members from diverse backgrounds to understand project goals, design and propose solutions, and assist in implementing, troubleshooting, and reviewing plans as projects progress.
To be a successful Chemical Engineer, you should be knowledgeable, communicative, observant, organized, and committed to reaching project goals. You should also possess strong interpersonal, time management, and presentation skills.
Chemical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Using scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles to solve problems and improve processes.
- Designing, proposing, implementing, reviewing, and correcting plans to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Observing production processes, conducting research, and finding ways to increase efficiency and quality.
- Using computers to compile and analyze data.
- Establishing safety and waste management procedures.
- Traveling to work sites and locations to learn about project needs and design, implement, troubleshoot, test, and improve processes, equipment, and facilities.
- Assisting with establishing budgets and timelines.
Chemical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Experience or more education may be strongly desired.
- Industry-specific knowledge may be required.
- Some positions may require or prefer additional certificates or licenses. -Strong understanding of chemistry, mathematics, biology, and engineering principles.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with others, especially those without a technical background.
- Computer literacy.
- Exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication, presentation, and project management skills.
- Desire to travel