Energy Consultants are typically employed by government agencies, large manufacturing plants, and consultancy firms to suggest cost-effective ways to improve energy usage. They gather and analyze energy usage data, develop energy management plans, and ensure that companies are compliant with environmental legislation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Energy Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a knowledgeable and experienced Energy Consultant to advise companies on energy-saving practices and strategies. The Energy Consultant’s responsibilities include conducting environmental impact assessments, suggesting ways to reduce companies’ carbon footprints, identifying which company operations use the most energy, and recommending solutions for better energy distribution. You should also be able to suggest suitable vendors and manufacturers that sell the raw materials or machinery required for the implementation of proposed changes.
To be successful as an Energy Consultant, you should be detail-oriented and able to process large amounts of data. Ultimately, an exceptional Energy Consultant should be able to demonstrate excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills at all times.
Energy Consultant Responsibilities:
- Collecting and analyzing companies' current and previous years' energy usage data using data modeling software.
- Calculating the amount of energy wastage that occurs as a result of using inefficient energy resources.
- Educating companies on alternative energy resources.
- Conducting feasibility studies and preparing concise reports on research results.
- Identifying and evaluating viable options to reduce companies’ energy consumption.
- Formulating effective energy management plans for companies after careful analysis of current plans.
- Assisting in the initial planning of new company buildings or plants to ensure that cost-effective and sustainable energy systems are catered for.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in environmental legislation.
- Regularly communicating with company management to ensure that proposed changes to current energy systems are being implemented.
Energy Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Earth Science, Environmental Engineering, Energy Management, or related field.
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) accreditation is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as an Energy Consultant.
- Sound knowledge of the renewable energy market.
- The ability to process large amounts of data.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources