Engineers apply scientific and mathematical principles to analyze and solve structural, mechanical and systemic problems in safe, practical and cost-effective ways.
Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative, dedicated engineer who has a broad and general fascination with the engineering sciences and who follows international engineering trends and technologies. The engineer’s responsibilities include defining problems, researching, interpreting and applying information, developing solutions, and making decisions.
To be successful as an engineer, you should have a firm understanding of math and science, a deep social, economic and cultural awareness, and an enthusiastic fondness for teamwork. Ideal candidates will display an ability to comprehend complex systems, identify the sources of any problems that arise and decide on which actions to take to fix them.
- Staying up to date with international engineering trends.
- Identifying and addressing problems.
- Supervising production.
- Estimating costs and timelines.
- Conducting research and applying new knowledge.
- Designing processes, materials, tools and systems.
- Making improvements to existing processes, materials etc.
- Implementing solutions and designs.
- Training other engineering personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field.
- Master's degree will be beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving, communication and listening skills.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Steadfast dedication to ethical codes of practice.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources