CAD Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a talented CAD technician to generate surface and solid CAD models for our clients. You will be responsible for meeting with draftsmen, engineers or architects and transforming client blueprints and design plans into computer generated models using CAD software. You may be required to work as part of a team or individually on a project.
To ensure success as a CAD technician, you should have extensive working experience with CAD software, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. A top-class CAD technician is a technical wizard, creating exact computer models of building and machine designs according to the client’s specifications.
CAD Technician Responsibilities:
- Meeting with engineers, draftsmen, and designers to review blueprints and design drawings.
- Inputting design specifications into the CAD software.
- Creating surface and solid CAD models according to client specifications.
- Working with a design team and individually on CAD projects.
- Reviewing CAD models with the client and making minor adjustments.
- Conducing final model rendering and delivering the final product.
- Completing job reports.
CAD Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or design.
- CAD Certification.
- Previous experience as a CAD technician.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Ability to read and translate blueprints and technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of building design and mechanical processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.