Assistant Property Managers support the daily operations of property management by performing administrative tasks, organizing property viewings and handling resident relations. They are also responsible for inspecting property conditions and coordinating maintenance work.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Property Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and motivated Assistant Property Manager to manage a portfolio of properties. The Assistant Property Manager will report to the property manager and perform administrative and organizational duties such as liaising with residents, collecting rent, doing basic bookkeeping, organizing property viewings and overseeing facility maintenance. You will also be responsible for evaluating applicants and negotiating contracts.
To be successful as an Assistant Property Manager you should have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. An outstanding candidate will also have a talent for business management and distinguished conflict resolution skills.
Assistant Property Manager Responsibilities:
- Preparing and scheduling property viewings, conducting property tours and interviewing prospective tenants.
- Addressing and resolving residents' questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Processing applications, conducting credit checks, and negotiating contracts.
- Inspecting property conditions and coordinating maintenance activities.
- Managing budgets, accounts, rent collections, and tenant notices.
- Creating and distributing marketing materials to attract new tenants.
- Maintaining organized and updated resident files and records.
- Reporting any problems or issues to the property manager.
Assistant Property Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in business, management or real estate preferred.
- Previous experience in property management or real estate.
- Working knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic bookkeeping skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources