Leasing Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a leasing consultant with superb customer service and interpersonal skills. Leasing consultants must be goal-driven with strong organizational and decision-making skills.
A successful leasing consultant should be professional and well-informed while displaying a solution-oriented approach in order to match a client’s needs to properties that are available. Top candidates will be accomplished networkers who have remarkable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
Leasing Consultant Responsibilities:
- Managing all leases from potential and existing clients.
- Coordinating property viewings, follow-ups, and updating of contact management database.
- Marketing all rental listings through open houses and individual showings.
- Negotiating lease terms with landlords and property management companies.
- Coordinating and scheduling lease applications, and adhering to compliance requirements.
- Executing new lease agreements and coordinating move-in processes.
- Preparing all lease-related paperwork.
- Planning and implementing marketing strategies to generate traffic.
- Managing regulatory and compliance-related services.
- Managing broker commissions.
- Responding to queries/leads and conducting property inspections.
- Supporting legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
Leasing Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelors degree (advantageous).
- Real Estate license (essential).
- 2 years of experience as a leasing consultant (essential).
- Proven skills in managing leases for high-volume properties.
- Solid understanding of federal, state, and local rental regulations and compliance.
- Expert knowledge of rental agreements.
- Solution-oriented thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Well-informed individual who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work towards and meet targets.
- Capable networker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and property management software.