Leasing Consultants are rental property specialists who interact with tenants on behalf of landlords and property management companies. They assist potential and existing tenants with viewing of properties, lease terms and prices, rental applications, and lease negotiation and renewal.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Leasing Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Leasing Consultant with superb customer service and interpersonal skills. Leasing Consultants must be goal-driven with strong organizational and decision-making skills.
A successful Leasing Consultant should be professional and well informed while displaying a solution-oriented approach in order to match a client’s needs to properties that are available. Top candidates will be accomplished networkers who have remarkable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
Leasing Consultant Responsibilities:
- Manage all leases from potential and existing clients.
- Coordinate property viewings, follow-ups and updating of contact management database.
- Market all rental listings through open houses and individual showings.
- Negotiate lease terms with landlords and property management companies.
- Coordinate and schedule lease applications, and adhere to compliance requirements.
- Execute new lease agreements and coordinate move-in processes.
- Prepare all lease-related paperwork.
- Plan and implement marketing strategies to generate traffic.
- Manage regulatory and compliance related services.
- Manage broker commissions.
- Respond to queries/leads and conduct property inspections.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
Leasing Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelors degree (advantageous).
- Real Estate license (essential).
- 2 years of experience as a leasing consultant (essential).
- Proven skills in managing leases for high volume properties.
- Solid understanding of federal, state and local rental regulations and compliance.
- Expert knowledge of rental agreements.
- Solution-oriented thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Well-informed individual who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work towards and meet targets.
- Capable networker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and property management software.