Real estate agents assist clients in buying, selling, and renting properties. Real estate agent or real estate sales person does similar work to a real estate broker, but brokers are licensed to manage their own a real estate businesses. Real estate agents must work with real estate brokers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Real Estate Agent Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified Real Estate Agent who will be responsible for buying and selling property for our real estate business. You will be tasked with growing our customer base by generating leads, counseling clients on market conditions, and developing competitive market prices. You will also be in charge of creating lists of real estate properties and presenting purchase offers to sellers.
A state license is required to be considered for this position. To be successful in this role, you will need to be in good standing with the local Realtor board and have good experience with sales.
Real Estate Agent Responsibilities
- Generate client leads to buy, sell, and rent property.
- Counsel clients on market conditions, prices, and mortgages.
- Develop a competitive market price by comparing properties.
- Create lists for real estate sale properties, with information location, features, square footage, etc.
- Show properties to potential buyers and renters.
- Present purchase offers to sellers.
- Facilitate negotiations between buyers and sellers.
- Review purchase contracts to ensure terms are met.
- Promote properties with ads, listings, and open houses.
- Prepare loyalty contracts, purchase agreements, rental agreements, deeds and other documents for each real estate transaction.
- Maintain your real estate license and knowledge.
Real Estate Agent Requirements
- Must be a licensed real estate agent.
- Must be in good standing with the local Realtor board, or an inactive agent who can immediately move his/her license.
- Experience with sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of the local property.
- Possess a valid driver license.
Real Estate Agent FAQ:
What do real estate agents do?
A real estate agent helps his or her clients purchase, rent, or sell properties. They advise clients about market conditions, conduct walkthroughs, and provide guidance and assistance through the process of buying, selling, or leasing properties. If you’d like to provide information about your specific real estate duties and responsibilities, simply add your company’s details to our real estate agent job description sample to create a custom job listing.
Can I customize your real estate job description?
Feel free to edit our real estate job requirements or responsibilities to let candidates know more about the role at your company. Edit or add to our real estate agent job description template to create a descriptive job listing and begin attracting top talent today.
What should I include when I post a real estate agent job?
When you advertise a real estate agent job, you should provide potential applicants with details about the position at your company. Let candidates know about your real estate job requirements and tell them about the qualities and qualifications you’d like to have in your next hire.
Do you have interview questions for a real estate agent?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have reviewed our real estate agent job description example and created a job listing, take some time to review our real estate agent interview questions.