Apartment Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working apartment manager to ensure all buildings and facilities are clean, safe, and well-maintained. The apartment manager's responsibilities include filling vacancies, responding to tenant complaints, collecting rent, managing apartment upkeep, and filing taxes.
To be a successful apartment manager, you should be organized and have excellent budgeting and interpersonal skills. You should understand landlord-tenant laws, have good communication skills, as well as strong team management skills.
Apartment Manager Responsibilities:
- Advertising and showing vacant properties to prospective tenants.
- Processing applications and negotiating leases and rental rates.
- Establishing and enforcing property rules.
- Ensuring buildings and facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Establishing maintenance and staff schedules.
- Hiring, training, and monitoring staff.
- Collecting or adjusting rent and security deposits, and keeping track of tenant accounts.
- Investigating complaints and resolving conflicts.
- Planning and overseeing renovations, maintenance, repairs, and services.
- Handling clerical and administrative tasks and filing taxes.
Apartment Manager Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good budgeting and math skills.
- A working knowledge of tenant and employment laws.
- Excellent management, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Computer literacy.