Warehouse Workers work in warehouses where they receive, unpack, arrange and store goods, and gather, pack, prepare and load goods for dispatching. Warehouse Workers check stock for damage and wear, report faults and discrepancies to relevant parties, and mark and label stock.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Warehouse Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for an energetic Warehouse Worker to receive and dispatch merchandise to and from our warehouse. The Warehouse Worker will load and unload outgoing and incoming delivery vehicles. You will select products from the warehouse, load and secure goods to pallets, move inventory to delivery area, and load merchandise. You will unload stock from delivery vehicles, and transport to and store in designated warehouse positions. You will keep your work environment clean and tidy at all times, and comply with all relevant safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
To ensure success you need the ability to follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants are hard-working, focused and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
Warehouse Worker Responsibilities:
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness and safety of work environment.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Accepting delivery of inventory.
- Counting and confirming inventory.
- Inspecting inventory for damage and faults.
- Communicating errors to relevant parties.
- Marking and labeling stock.
- Storing inventory in accessible manner.
- Loading and wrapping stock on pallets.
- Building loads with forklift and electronic pallet jack.
Warehouse Worker Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Work experience as general laborer, preferably in warehouse.
- Ability to operate forklift proficiently.
- Completion of background investigation and drug screening.
- Strong people skills.
- Good moral character.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions.
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance.
- Available to work extended hours.