Package Handlers assemble, seal, scan, and load parcels in order to ensure that each one is safely delivered to its destination. Package Handlers work as part of a team to meet deadlines with client and company expectations in mind.
Package Handler Job Description Template
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with others in a fast-paced environment. Package Handlers should have an eye for detail and be able to follow instructions to ensure all items are correctly packed, sealed, and loaded as efficiently as possible. They must also use scanners and be able to accurately read labels to ensure all parcels are properly processed and tracked.
To be successful, Package Handlers should have good communication and comprehension skills. Candidates should have some knowledge of hand tools and equipment, such as forklifts, conveyor belts, wheel rollers, and other loading tools. Basic computer skills may also be required for this position.
Package Handler Responsibilities:
- Work with team to assemble, seal, and load packages into correct trucks.
- Read and comprehend labels to ensure proper processing.
- Follow safety rules at all times.
- Life parcels that weigh up to 75 lbs.
- Use scanners to track parcel information, such as receipt or condition.
- Sort items according to the destination.
- Ability to work with hand tools and loading equipment.
- Work efficiently to meet client and company expectations.
Package Handler Requirements:
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 75 lbs.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to perform duties.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Communicates clearly and concisely.