A Packager helps ensure that manufactured items are ready for shipment by placing them into containers, sealing and labeling the items, and preparing the item for transport. Another common name for this position is Product Packager.
Packager Job Description Template
Packagers are responsible for cleaning packaging materials, loading items into containers, and weighing and labeling the items appropriately. They also perform final checks for defective items, ensure all working items make it to the loading area or inventory, and keep detailed records of materials and shipments.
What does a Packager do?:
As one of the final checkpoints between buyer and manufacturer, Packagers perform several important functions. They must ensure that all items are in proper working order. Any defective items must be discarded according to company procedures.
Packagers place completed products into containers and prepare them for shipment by weighing, labeling, and recording information about each package. Packagers must then ensure that the prepared packages make it to their designated locations, such as loading zones or into inventory. Packagers must be thorough in their work. Attention to detail is key.
Packagers are responsible for ensuring that items make it safely to their destinations. They must securely seal each container. They must be able to use hand tools, adhesives, padding, and other products to protect the item. Packagers must keep a clean work area and observe all company safety standards.
- Pack, weigh, and label completed items for shipment or storage.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging.
- Identify and dispose of defective items.
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc.
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- High School Diploma/ GED.
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.