Assemblers are a vital part of the manufacturing process and can be found in almost any field. Their job titles may vary according to the industry. but some commonly used titles for Assemblers are Mechanical Assemblers, Industrial Assemblers, and Electronics Assemblers.
Assembler Job Description Template
Assemblers perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. They aid in the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products. They must also maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
What does an Assembler do?
Assemblers must have an aptitude for mechanics and an eye for detail. Their function is to ensure that all parts and products under their care are in proper working order and meet the quality standards of the company and industry.
The day to day tasks of Assemblers tend to be field-specific, but most often include working with a variety of tools and machinery to make or repair products and parts for distribution. Additional training may be required in order to help Assemblers understand industry processes and standards.
The ability to comprehend and follow detailed verbal or written instructions, as well as diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents is a critical part of Assembly.
Assemblers should also be team players who are willing to work with those in their assigned lines or groups.
- Use tools to make or repair parts and products.
- Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Work with other members of the line or group in order to assemble products.
- Keep a clean and tidy workspace.
- Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry.
- Identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures.
- Ability to use reason to solve problems as they arise.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Skilled with mechanics.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
Post a Assembler job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission