Machine Operator Job Description Template
Machine operators install, maintain, and operate machinery. They must have a strong understanding of the machines they work with. In-depth training may be required in order to prepare a machine operator for their daily duties.
Machine operators may work with mechanical or computer-operated equipment. They must be technically-inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery. Since problems with machinery may arise, machine operators must be able to analyze situations and find solutions.
Candidates for this position should be detail-oriented and willing to learn. Machine operators should be able to follow instructions, work with others, and help ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
Machine Operator Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Combination of additional education and experience.
- Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers, and mechanics.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Proficiency with hand tools.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.