Controls Engineers help plants find efficient ways to create quality products. Good candidates will be analytical and passionate about process improvement. Avoid those who lack technical knowledge or communication skills.
Interview Questions for Controls Engineers
1. Describe a time when you handled several projects at once. How did you manage it?
Provides insight into past experience.
2. Tell about how your ideas have increased efficiency or product quality. Provide examples.
Demonstrates ability achieve results.
3. Explain your experience working with machinery and electronics. What do you find most challenging?
Details experience and technical ability.
4. Have you implemented a successful maintenance program? What impact did it have?
Shows ability to analyze and solve problems.
5. Tell about a time when you explained something technical to someone who lacked your knowledge. How did you do it?
Shows communication skills.