A Computer Numerically Controlled, or CNC, Operator programs machines to create parts and products based on detailed specifications. Other names for this job title include CNC Programmer and CNC Machinist.
CNC Operators must be able to analyze diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents to create highly specialized parts and products for their clients. After a piece has been created, CNC Operators must ensure that it matches the client’s specifications and make alterations, as needed.
CNC Operator Job Description Template
A CNC Operator enters instructions into machines, such as mills and lathes. These machines then cut out parts that meet the specifications the CNC Operator has selected. Parts produced by CNC Operators may be used for everything from guns to complex industrial machines, so it is imperative that the part produced to meet the client’s expectations. For this reason, CNC operators must be technically-inclined and detail oriented.
CNC Operators must have extensive knowledge of the tools of their trade and the materials with which they are working. They must know which parts to use for each job and be able to ensure that each machine is in proper working order.
In addition to technical skills, CNC Operators must be collaborative and communicative when dealing with others. Clients may rely on CNC Operators to provide estimates for when parts will be available, as well as information about any problems that arise as the parts are being created.
Chemical Operator Responsibilities:
- Program machines to create specialized parts.
- Provide timelines to clients.
- Communicate logistics issues that arise in the process of creating a part.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Analyze technical documents and draw conclusions based on specifications.
- Ensure that results of machining process align with client expectations.
- Maintain and repair all equipment and tools used in the machining process.
- Create plans for stocking necessary supplies and inventory.
Chemical Operator Requirements:
- Certificate/Associate’s Degree in related field.
- Must generally have 2-5 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree may be required, depending on the company.
- Strong comprehension and analytical skills.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate with others inside and outside the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of tools and equipment used in the machining process.
Post a CNC Operator job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission