Interview Questions for CNC Machinists:
1. What types of routine maintenance have you regularly performed on CNC machines?
Tests knowledge of machines and maintenance procedures.
2. What do you look for when inspecting finished workpieces?
Reveals inspection capabilities.
3. What is the most interesting fixture you've made?
Tests basic CNC skills and understanding of productivity challenges.
4. Have you ever had to challenge popular opinion about how to get something done because you knew of a better way?
Reveals interpersonal skills and capacity for problem-solving.
5. How do you approach the management of your own work and the work of others?
Shows commitment to productivity and quality.