Also known as CNC machine operators or CNC operators, CNC machinists use computer numerical controlled machines to manufacture or repair precision products and tools out of various materials.
When interviewing CNC Machinists the most suitable candidate will demonstrate above average grasp of mathematics, excellent communication skills and a willingness to lead by example. Be wary of candidates with low confidence, low energy or poor computer skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for CNC Machinists
1. What types of routine maintenance have you regularly performed on CNC machines?
Tests knowledge of machines and maintenance procedures.
2. What do you look for when inspecting finished workpieces?
Reveals inspection capabilities.
3. What is the most interesting fixture you've made?
Tests basic CNC skills and understanding of productivity challenges.
4. Have you ever had to challenge popular opinion about how to get something done because you knew of a better way?
Reveals interpersonal skills and capacity for problem-solving.
5. How do you approach the management of your own work and the work of others?
Shows commitment to productivity and quality.