A Millwright is in charge of installing and maintaining equipment used in multiple industries. Also referred to as a Millwright Service Technician, their work includes installing, transferring, and repairing equipment and machinery. They work in factories, power plants, and other industrial sites.
Millwright Job Description Template:
We are searching for a talented and qualified Millwright who has proven experience with industrial and construction equipment repairs. You will be responsible for dismantling machinery, transferring equipment, interpreting blueprints, and installing equipment.
The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of hydraulics, belt systems, motors, and other industrial machine mechanisms essential for job procedures. Must be a team player with strong attention to detail. In this position, you should also be able to make decisions, troubleshoot, and perform repairs with little to no supervision.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment for repair or transportation.
- Build the foundation for machines.
- Construct and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Transfer equipment to the applicable site for maintenance to avoid contamination or safety hazards.
- Grind and file machinery parts.
- Supervise construction workers when using the equipment.
- Work with a range of hand tools including measuring tools, welding and brazing equipment.
- Determine which machines, techniques, and tools to use when moving equipment and completing jobs.
- Visit various construction sites.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Millwright or similar job.
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment and machinery.
- Completion of an accredited Millwright certificate program.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.