Design Engineers are responsible for the research and design of a company’s new products and systems. They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process. Also known as Mechanical Engineers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Design Engineer Job Description Template:
We are looking for a talented and detail-oriented Design Engineer to join our creative team. As the Design Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of engineering duties including designing, researching, and prototyping new products.
The chosen engineer will collaborate with the design and production teams on various design projects, using in-depth knowledge of the latest design trends and engineering software to lead the way. In addition to being a good communicator, all candidates should be creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Develop test prototypes.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Supervise the manufacturing process of all designs.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department.
- Bachelor’s degree in design engineering, engineering, product design or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office and popular design software.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources