Software Engineers use their knowledge of mathematics, engineering, and technology to develop, test, and improve software applications. Strong candidates will be analytical and creative problem solvers. Avoid those who lack interpersonal or task management skills.
Interview Questions for Software Engineers
1. Which programming languages do you know? Describe some of your projects.
Tests technical skills.
2. Describe a time when you worked with a team to create a program. What was your role? How did you handle conflict?
Tests interpersonal skills.
3. How do you keep track of project information, such as tasks, deadlines, and resources that have been used? Provide examples.
Shows project management skills.
4. Tell about a time when a program you designed malfunctioned. How did you fix it? What did you learn?
Tests problem-solving skills.
5. How do you tell if a program successful? Explain.
Reveals what candidate values.