Software Developers review, implement, repair, and improve computer programs and applications to increase the efficiency or usability of certain tasks. Successful candidates will be highly technical, analytical problem solvers who work well independently or as part of a team. Avoid those who lack interpersonal skills or self-motivation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Software Developers
1. Which languages do you know? What are the pros and cons of each one?
Tests job knowledge.
2. Describe some of the programs you’ve designed. What purpose do they serve?
3. Tell about a time you worked on a program with a group. How did you handle conflicts or disagreements?
Tests interpersonal skills.
4. How do you explain programming concepts or projects to someone without a technical background?
Demonstrates communication skills.
5. Describe a time when you had to solve a serious problem or rectify a mistake.
Tests problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources