Fabricator Interview Questions:
1. How do you ensure safety standards are being met at all times?
Candidates should detail a methodical approach to adhering to safety standards and should describe the protective gear they wear to minimize harm.
2. Describe an experience where you inspected a product and found a fault with it. What did you do?
This question gives candidates an opportunity to highlight their diligence and attention to detail on the job. Look for stories where candidates inspected a product, identified a fault, and took corrective action to fix it.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a fabricator?
Candidates should list attention to detail and good organizational skills as key qualities in a fabricator.
4. What is your approach to ensuring quality control of products?
Candidates should list, in detail, the steps they take to ensure quality standards are met. Look for methodical approaches to quality control.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake on the job. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their work and how oversight can lead to product recalls and expensive lawsuits for the company. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error, and learned a valuable lesson from the experience.