Metal Fabricators are responsible for preparing and fabricating metal structures and components for manufacturing companies. Their job is to interpret engineering blueprints and fabricate the design using their advanced metalworking skills.
When interviewing Metal Fabricators, the ideal candidate will have advanced metalwork knowledge, good mathematical skills, and strong attention to detail. Be wary of candidates who are not able to lift and manipulate heavy metal objects and those with poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Metal Fabricators:
1. What skills do you think Metal Fabricators need to be successful?
Highlights the candidate’s industry knowledge and skills.
2. How would you ensure you have the correct machinery and raw materials to complete a job?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to read and interpret blueprints.
3. What techniques do you use to design construction templates?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical skills.
4. What safety and quality checks should be done on a product before it is signed off?
Reveals knowledge of engineering specifications and product testing procedures.
5. What was the most complex structure you fabricated in your previous work?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s fabrication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources