Productions Schedulers create and maintain production schedules in order to ensure that all company goals are achieved and that deadlines are met. By developing effective schedules, candidates can expect to play a major role in helping their company reach its objectives.
Productions Schedulers must have a strong understanding of the production process and be able to generate and maintain effective daily and weekly schedules. They post schedules, solve production problems, seek to improve processes, and help fulfill company expectations.
Production Scheduler Job Description Template
Production Schedulers use their knowledge of the production process and reports to create daily and weekly production schedules. They must also be able to comprehend reports and make recommendations about where improvements might be made
By effectively scheduling employees, Production Schedulers help ensure that company objectives are achieved and that all deadlines are met. They must be able to multitask and provide quick responses to production problems. As issues may be unforeseen, Production Schedulers must know how to shift resources and ensure that employees and materials most effectively.
As generating reports and schedules may require the use of software, Production Schedulers must have an aptitude for computers.
Production Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain schedules.
- Use workers and resources in the most effective manner.
- Provide quick responses to production issues.
- Identify problems and help improve processes.
- Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Ensure that company deadlines are met.
Production Schedule Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in management, Bachelor’s may be preferred.
- Experience in production.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to create and understand reports in order to make production decisions.
- A desire to promote the success of the organization and production staff.
Post a Production Scheduler job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission