Production Scheduler Job Description Template
Production schedulers use their knowledge of the production process and reports to create daily and weekly production schedules. They must also be able to comprehend reports and make recommendations about where improvements might be made.
As a production scheduler, you should be able to multitask and provide quick responses to production problems. As generating reports and schedules may require the use of software, you must also have an aptitude for computers. A top-notch production scheduler should help ensure that company objectives are achieved and that all deadlines are met.
Production Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining schedules.
- Using workers and resources in the most effective manner.
- Providing quick responses to production issues.
- Identifying problems and helping improve processes.
- Using software to generate reports and schedules.
- Ensuring that company deadlines are met.
Production Scheduler Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in management, bachelor’s may be preferred.
- Experience in production.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to create and understand reports in order to make production decisions.
- A desire to promote the success of the organization and production staff.