Also known as Production Schedulers, Production Planners create and adapt production schedules to ensure that purchase orders are completed on time. They coordinate production operations accordingly, suggest ways to decrease production costs, and propose solutions to various production issues.
When interviewing Production Planners, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP), and strong problem-solving skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Production Planners:
1. What are the biggest issues that affect production?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
2. What is the importance of production planning?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the role.
3. What would you do if a major machinery breakdown significantly delayed production?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge as well as analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
4. What would you do if a supplier was unable to deliver production materials on time?
Demonstrates the candidate's problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
5. How would you go about reducing production costs without affecting product quality or hindering the production process?
Demonstrates the candidate's analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources