Also known as Production Schedulers, Production Planners develop daily or weekly production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met. They determine material, equipment, and labor requirements, prepare status and performance reports, and resolve production issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Production Planner Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced Production Planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The Production Planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful as a Production Planner, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional Production Planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
Production Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a Production Planner.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources