A VP of Engineering is an executive who manages development teams. VPs of Engineering are responsible for ensuring that design requirements are met, overseeing the consistency of user experiences, and managing a team of engineers and developers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
VP of Engineering Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to manage a diverse development team. The responsibilities of a VP of Engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, and improving company policies and standards.
To be successful as a VP of Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a have solid foundation in software design.
VP of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Leading the team through management and mentorship.
- Contributing to recruitment activities.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Recommending technological developments and improvements on efficiency.
- Developing the team to ensure quality end products.
VP of Engineering Requirements:
- Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Experience in recruiting Engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources