With established organizational policies and objectives in mind, directors of engineering, or engineering directors, run all of the engineering activities and projects within organizations.
When interviewing directors of engineering, the most suitable candidate will display exceptional communication skills, thorough understanding of the role, and outstanding insight into the industry with confidence and enthusiasm.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Director of Engineering
1. When setting goals for subordinates, what guidance and direction have you found most effective in helping them achieve these goals?
Shows leadership ability, experience, and communication skills.
2. Of all the proposals you've given in the past, which one stands out for you?
Tests experience and presentation skills.
3. What do you always do to keep relationships with colleagues and clients good?
Shows interpersonal skills.
4. What advice have you had to give management that benefited your company in some way?
Tests confidence and expertise.
5. What is your favorite part of a project from conception to completion?
Reveals interests, passions and knowledge.