Chief Engineers lead an engineering team through every phase of a project. Chief Engineers approve designs and budgets, calculate costs, labor, and time required, negotiate contracts, settle disputes amongst team members, and ensure that plans are executed safely. They may be required to work in the office or onsite.
When interviewing Chief Engineers, the best candidates will demonstrate active listening skills and be confident in their ability to lead. Be wary of candidates who lack communication skills and vision.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Chief Engineers:
1. What is the greatest skill you have acquired during your time as a team leader?
Evaluates leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
2. Describe a major challenge you encountered. How did you overcome it?
Tests problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
3. Can you describe how you would study a problem before making a decision?
Tests critical thinking and research skills.
4. How do you ensure a project stays within time and budgetary requirements?
Demonstrates ability to follow instructions and work within constraints.
5. How would you keep your team calm as a big deadline approaches?
Tests interpersonal, leadership, and management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources