Veterinary Office Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a courteous and efficient veterinary office manager to coordinate and manage all office administration procedures. The veterinary office manager’s responsibilities include welcoming pet owners to our clinic, resolving conflicts among office staff members, screening telephone calls, and escorting pet owners and their pets to the examination room. You should also be able to answer pet owners' questions regarding clinic policies, appointment availabilities, and treatment costs.
To be successful as a veterinary office manager, you should be patient, detail-oriented, and adept at multitasking. Ultimately, an outstanding veterinary office manager should be able to communicate effectively with pet owners and veterinary staff members as well as demonstrate exceptional management, organizational, and customer service skills.
Veterinary Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Answering telephone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Developing and implementing an effective inventory control system to ensure that necessary office and medical supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
- Preparing health, immunization, and euthanasia certificates as instructed.
- Preparing invoices and obtaining payments from pet owners.
- Preparing employee work schedules and managing the office staff.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate veterinary staff of emergency cases.
- Updating medical records as well as pet owners' contact and billing details.
- Interviewing suitable office staff candidates and providing training to office employees as needed.
- Providing educational pamphlets to pet owners with sick or injured pets.
- Ensuring that pet owners' complaints are promptly addressed and resolved.
Veterinary Office Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in business administration or related field is advantageous.
- Proven office experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent management, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong problem-solving, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, patient, and empathetic.