Urgent care nurses are registered nurses who provide care to patients who do not require treatment in Intensive Care Units, but who need constant observation and monitoring. They assess patients' conditions, monitor critical vital signs, and perform interventions when required. They work at urgent care medical facilities and centers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Urgent Care Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated urgent care nurse to monitor the condition of patients in our urgent care facility. In this role, you will be assessing patients' medical conditions, evaluating changes in vital signs and other measurements, as well as administering treatments.
To ensure success, urgent care nurses should exhibit experience in monitoring patients in urgent care facilities with similar specializations and the ability to work under pressure. An accomplished urgent care nurse will be someone whose clinical expertise translates into high-quality patient care.
Urgent Care Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assessing urgent care patients' charts, prescribed medications, and test results upon arrival.
- Performing physical examinations, as well as and tracking heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry measurements.
- Interpreting health measurements, administering prescribed medication, and facilitating suitable treatment interventions.
- Inserting IVs and performing drug dose titration.
- Collecting phlebotomy and other diagnostic samples.
- Interpreting laboratory test results and collaborating with physicians on treatment plans.
- Reporting deteriorating conditions to primary healthcare specialists without delay.
- Maintaining and updating medical charts, patient files, and health records.
- Supervising urgent care nursing assistants and support staff.
- Explaining treatments, procedures, and after-care instructions, as well as answering patients' questions.
Urgent Care Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN).
- Registered Nurse (RN) certification.
- At least two years' of experience as an urgent care nurse in a similar facility.
- Proficiency in electronic patient management systems, such as Mediexcel and e-MDs Chart.
- Extensive experience in assessing patients, inserting IVs, and collecting phlebotomy samples.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in urgent care nursing.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great organizational and stress management abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Availability to work rotational shifts.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources