Telemetry Nurses are registered nurses who specialize in reviewing and interpreting data measured by sophisticated medical equipment. They provide care for critically ill patients, monitor the condition of patients in telemetry units, and administer medication. They also advise patients and their families on post-hospital care.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Telemetry Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable Telemetry Nurse to analyze medical equipment measurements. In this role, your duties will include studying patient history, administering specialized treatment to critically ill patients, and keeping medical records. You will also be required to update family members on the medical condition of the patients.
To ensure success, Telemetry Nurses should demonstrate extensive experience in caring for critically ill patients and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment. Accomplished candidates expertly interpret medical technology data and provide their patients with dedicated care.
Telemetry Nurse Responsibilities:
- Studying patients' medical history, test results, and treatment plans.
- Tracking routine heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry measurements.
- Monitoring, interpreting, and recording data from specialized medical technologies and equipment.
- Administering medication and performing treatment interventions in consultation with healthcare specialists.
- Maintaining and updating ward charts, patient files, and medical records.
- Instructing Telemetry Unit staff on patient care and treatment plans.
- Collaborating with healthcare specialists and reporting changes and deteriorating conditions.
- Explaining tests results and procedures to patients and their families, as well as answering questions.
- Advising patients on post-hospital care, including prescribed medicine, home care protocols, disease prevention, and lifestyle changes.
Telemetry Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor's Science in Nursing Degree (BSN).
- Registered Nurse (RN).
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN).
- 3-5 years of experience as a Telemetry Nurse in a similar field of specialization.
- Extensive knowledge in interpreting data from specialized electronics and medical equipment.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and patient management systems, such as PatientTrak and ModDoc HMS.
- Advanced proficiency in administering medication and performing treatment interventions.
- Ability to consult with healthcare specialists and instruct Telemetry Unit staff.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare and medical recordkeeping.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to advise and support patients and their families.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources